Kaedrin's Custom Content
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunter type prc

3 posters

Go down

Hunter type prc Empty Hunter type prc

Post  ganaka Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:13 pm

Maybe I'm missing it, but is there a prc that is centered around being a hunter (gets the Swift Tracker feat) that isn't stealth based?

I know the Wilderness Stalker gets Swift Tracker, but I'm having a hard time dealing with the loss of 1 BAB incurred by having to take a medium BAB class. I have this picture of a hardened cave dweller that is so comfortable with being underground that his senses have become, well, sensitive. Wink I have an idea for one that requires the character to be full or part Orc that builds on their Scent feat. It would be geared for making fighter types for defensive, but not as good as the Dwarven Defender.

I guess my main question is, does a prc like this exist in pnp?

ganaka

Back to top Go down

Hunter type prc Empty Re: Hunter type prc

Post  Archaos Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:07 am

I don't understand why you want a PrC. Make a Gray Orc pure Ranger.
Max Spot, Listen and Survival. All are class skills and Wisdom dependant.
Choose your Favored Enemies and choose any weapon style. Both Composite Longbows and Two-Weapon Fighting benefit from high Strength and Ranger advanced in both styles automatically, regardless of Dexterity.
Rangers also get Swift Tracker at 8th Level. Just don't choose Hide and Move silently if you don't like Stealth, but what kind of Hunter doesn't know how to be stealthy?

If you want a more durable class, then go pure Barbarian. Listen and Survival are class skills and fit with the Gray Orc.

Personally I wouldn't even consider a Half-Orc. Gray Orc/Earth Genasi/Wood Elf are much much better.

Archaos

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaedrin Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:20 am

Doesn't exist in pnp as far as I recall.

Kaedrin
Admin

https://nwn2customcontent.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ganaka Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:04 pm

I prefer playing in the Underdark and their stealth is useless. Rangers are the epitome of paper tigers. If you wear full plate then you can't use your two-weapon fighting or ranged weapon feats, which is half the reason of being a Ranger. As far as I see it, Rangers have little variety. Nearly every Ranger I see has no defense. Sorry, but I don't like Rangers.

I was hoping that there would be a prc for those that spend their lives underground, or for Orcs (Grey Orc, Half-Orc, and any other Orc variant like Tanarukk) that was somewhat similar to the Dwarven Defender, but not quite as defensive since that is their niche. Something that gave bonus ac that didn't stack with anything else like the Frost Mage at levels 1, 4, 7, and 10. It would have a couple of points of damage reduction that stacked with the Barbarians: 1/- at 5, and another 1/- at 10. This damage reduction would of course stack with the epic damage reduction line, but would not stack with the AK or WOD line. Give it Blind Fight at 3, Swift Tracker at 6, and Keen Senses at 10. These would only work underground, of course. High BAB, 4 skill points, requires 8 spot, listen, search, and survival, and the Track and Toughness feats. I guess I can dream. lol

Maybe I'll look more into the Wilderness Stalker...

ganaka

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down