Kaedrin's Custom Content
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mage Slayer Feats

3 posters

Go down

Mage Slayer Feats Empty Mage Slayer Feats

Post  Archaos Thu May 26, 2011 8:32 pm

Kaedrin, will you consider adding the Mage Slayer feats from Complete Arcane? They will finally give a chance to melee classes to defeat spellcasters. It will balance things and at least shake the casters from their total domination at higher levels.

Archaos

Back to top Go down

Mage Slayer Feats Empty Re: Mage Slayer Feats

Post  Kaedrin Fri May 27, 2011 9:01 am

That can not be done in a satisfactory manner. We can't hook the combat engine to do what needs to be done.

Kaedrin
Admin

https://nwn2customcontent.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Archaos Sat May 28, 2011 12:59 pm

Then maybe you can just add the second part of the Pierce Magical Protection feat, which simply dispels anything that gives magical AC bonus, on hit. Since they will be inferior versions you could lower the penalty to caster level from -4 to -3 or -2, or/and lower the requirements.

Automatic dispel AC on hit is still pretty powerful. Some ideas.

Archaos

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaedrin Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:39 am

There are no feasible ways to do this in NWN2.

Kaedrin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  0100010 Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:11 pm

It is entirely possible to trap an OnPlayerStruck event for a PC, I've done so. It requires auto adding an OnHit event to all armor equipped and adding one to a player skin that is equipped to trap it for unarmored players. You make a new custom on hit item property that has a 0 cost to not alter the base item cost calculations, and give it a custom tlk entry as well. Hook into the main entry point of the tag based scripting of item's 'on-hit' and you can invoke whatever script it is you want to have "assigned" to a general case OnPlayerStruck event. I typically also use a general on unequip to strip the player struck property off as well just so it stays unnoticed behind the scene (although you can still see it if you examine armor while its being worn)

OnDamaged is possible also but harder to do as it requires the shared damage effect.

Whether or not this is sufficient tp enable all or part of mageslayer type feats is a separate question as is whether or not one would want to add them. But as per the reply It would seems it would be feasible to trap a a stuck even that you can then use to run a script that checks for proper feats on the attacker, which if present could look for any active spell effects on the attackee that it is supposed to dispel.. I grant though that there might be some things I am forgetting about.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaedrin Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:03 pm

I used the word feasible instead of possible because that would be a mess for multiplayer. OnHit properties are some of the most cpu intensive scripts given how often combat happens.

Kaedrin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down