Kaedrin's Custom Content
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Compatibilty issue with Tony K's AI 2.2

+3
Ithaqua
mchotdog
Lost in Translation
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Compatibilty issue with Tony K's AI 2.2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Compatibilty issue with Tony K's AI 2.2

Post  Lost in Translation Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:57 am

Just to reiterate my original post, my oc campaign was vanilla.

Lost in Translation

Back to top Go down

Compatibilty issue with Tony K's AI 2.2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Compatibilty issue with Tony K's AI 2.2

Post  tanlaus Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:41 pm

Looked over the OC makeover readme. Looks like I only changed the campaign settings for the OC, and added a few files to the OC campaign folder. So nothing outisde of the OC was changed. And since the problems I've encountered had nothing to do with the OC- and others have had the same problem with the vanilla OC- I'm going to go out on a limb and say that was probably a dead end.

Maybe when I get time I'll do a clean reinstall anyway just for the sake of it. Never know what might shake out.

tanlaus

Back to top Go down

Post  tanlaus Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:07 am

Did a complete reinstall of the NWN2 and both expansions. Added 1.42c and Tony K's to the override folder of an otherwise untouched game. Stared a new SoZ game using pregenerated characters.

Set everyone in my group (all fighters and barbs) to melee attack with party. Puppet Mode was off.

Had the exact same problem.

This leads me to beleive that it is not the game but some sort of system setting.

I guess my next test will be to mess with my game settings, then maybe system settings outside the game if nothing works there.

I'll report if I make any progress.

tanlaus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lost in Translation Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:04 pm

Hello again,

I just downloaded 1.42d and tested this again. I got the same result, so I did a bit more testing. There's a script in the PRC pack that baffles the AI. I skipped the tutorial in the OC and again, in the first fight, Bevel (or my barbarian PC) stand stock still during combat when not under direct control. I removed Kaedrin's "scripts" folder and Bevel joined the fight without issue. I'm not really proficient enough with the game to know which script it is. Any suggestions?

Edit - "ccs_player_equip.NCS" seems to be the troublemaker.

Thanks,

LoT

Lost in Translation

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaedrin Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:24 am

The equip script clears all actions so that could be what is breaking the AI. 1.41.4 had the ASF penalty instead.

I'll think about what to do with it.

Kaedrin
Admin

https://nwn2customcontent.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Compatibilty issue with Tony K's AI 2.2 - Page 2 Empty Partial fix for incompatibility issue...

Post  Ithaqua Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:30 pm

Turning off automatic weapon switching, not surprisingly, does the job, and, for me at least, it's only a minor inconvenience.

Ithaqua

Back to top Go down

Post  tanlaus Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:09 am

Ithaqua wrote:Turning off automatic weapon switching, not surprisingly, does the job, and, for me at least, it's only a minor inconvenience.

Just tried that. It worked for me. Thanks.

tanlaus

Back to top Go down

Compatibilty issue with Tony K's AI 2.2 - Page 2 Empty RE: Partial fix for incompatibility issue...

Post  Redrover Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:39 am

I was also getting this problem.
1st, go to the behavior tab, scroll to the bottom and reset. Then redo your AI prefs for each toon; a pain I know.
2nd, set your weapon preferences in the inventory of each toon.
3rd, if you have a ranged weapon setup for weapon switching and the toon is out of ammo, they will just stand there.

Usually just doing step 1 fixes my "I'm picking my nose while getting smacked around" problem.

Red

Redrover

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2