Kaedrin's Custom Content
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Modified Enlightened Spirit

2 posters

Go down

A Modified Enlightened Spirit Empty A Modified Enlightened Spirit

Post  BenRGamer Thu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm

You probably already know about this one, but I figured it couldn't hurt to make an official suggestion. If I'm posting too many suggestions, I'm sorry, but here we go. I've edited in some suggestions to cover the parts that would be hard (if not impossible) to implement, the original version is in Complete Mage, if you need a reminder.

Enlightened Spirit
Although the fiendish origins of the warlock's power can't be denied, he need not fully embrace the darkness. Some warlocks start down the fiendish path, then repent and turn toward the light. Such rare individuals are called enlightened spirits.

Enlightened spirits lose the flexibility to choose invocations but instead gain specific, powerful invocations to use in the fight against evil.

An enlightened spirit who becomes non-good loses all class features granted by this prestige class and can't gain any further levels of enlightened spirit. You regain your abilities and advancement potential if you once again become good and atone for your violations

(Should be possible to raise caster level and blast die through scripting without letting people choose invocations, and make the new ones as feats)

Requirements
Alignment: Any good.
Skills: Lore 8
Special: Eldritch blast 3d6.

Class Features
BAB: Medium
High Save: Will

1. Aura of Courage, Aura of Menace, Spirit Blast
2. Spirit Armor +1 AC
3. Celestial Speed
4. Tongues
5. Bonus Feat, Energy Resistance 5
6. Spirit Armor +2
7. Holy Blast
9. Transform Magic
10. Death Ward, Spirit Armor +3

Aura of Menace:
A righteous aura surrounds you whenever you fight or get angry. Any hostile creature within a 5-foot radius of you takes a –2 penalty on attacks, AC, and saves for 24 hours or until it successfully hits you. A creature that has resisted or broken the effect can't be affected again by your aura for 24 hours.

Spirit Blast
This invocation (Lesser; 4th) allows you to change your eldritch blast into a spirit blast. The blast deals an extra 1 point of damage per die to undead. Your spirit blast also affects incorporeal creatures without the normal miss chance. NOTE: This blast is a point-blank area-of-effect blast centered on the caster that only affects hostiles and requires a ranged touch attack to hit.

Spirit Armor
Beginning at Second Level, you gain a +1 Sacred Bonus to AC, this bonus increases to +2 at 6th and +3 at 10th level

Celestial Speed
Since Celestial Flight can't be implemented because engine limitations, I figure replacing it with the Barbarian Speed Increase feat would work well. Or maybe a feat that gave you that feat for 24 hours.

Tongues
Since there's no languages, Tongues would be pointless. Why not make it a copy (or a lesser version) of Beguiling Influence? A feat that gives you +6 (Or maybe just +3) Intimidation/Bluff/Diplomacy for 24 hrs, and does not stack with Beguiling Influence

Bonus Feat
Since I don't think it would be possible (or would at least be really difficult) to implement a Blast Shape outside of the normal cast system, I figure just cover it up with a Bonus Feat, maybe limited to the feats only available to Warlocks.

Energy Resistance 5
As the Warlock version

Holy Blast
At 7th level, you gain an invocation (Greater; 6th; Eldritch Essence) that allows you to change your eldritch blast into a holy blast. The blast deals an extra 1 point of damage per die to evil outsiders. NOTE: This blast is a point-blank area-of-effect blast centered on the caster that only affects hostiles and requires a ranged touch attack to hit.

Transform Magic
Gained at 9th level, this invocation (Greater; 6th) allows you to deliver a targeted greater dispel magic with your touch. You can heal 5 points of damage for each spell level dispelled by this touch (the spell level is determined by its caster's class). For example, if you successfully dispel a wall of ice, you can heal yourself up to 20 points of damage. You can't transform your own invocations.
(Edited to remove the ability to heal allies, would probably be too clunky to implement like that)

Death Ward
At 10th level, you become immune to death spells, magical death effects, energy drain, and negative energy effects as the death ward spell.

-------

Lemme know if you like the idea and edits or not.

BenRGamer

Back to top Go down

A Modified Enlightened Spirit Empty Re: A Modified Enlightened Spirit

Post  Kaedrin Wed May 25, 2011 7:32 pm

You do not gain any new invocations or invocation caster level with the prc. It's a bad, bad prc.

Kaedrin
Admin

https://nwn2customcontent.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BenRGamer Wed May 25, 2011 8:45 pm

Oh. Musta missed that part... ouch.

BenRGamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content