Kaedrin's Custom Content
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing Text from patch

2 posters

Go down

Missing Text from patch Empty Missing Text from patch

Post  The Man In The Moon Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:17 pm

I have downloaded some of Kaedrin's (and only Kaedrin's, not counting official Bioware patches) patches, including the new (?) one with the Hexblade material. However, when I go to the character creation screen, a great deal of text, some new and some old, is missing. I saw someone on bioware.com post a similar problem, and they were told they could fix the problem by putting the dialog.tlk folder in the root of the NWN2 folder. It looks to me like I've already got this part. I'm still missing the text.

Among other things, I am missing the text from most hexblade feats and a few other feats, many new spells and domains (which otherwise appear, blank, in their class lists), the new "fey"/"dragon" races, and most curiously, the primary text of the Swashbuckler class, which was not introduced by the patch and used to be there.

I hope I'm making my question coherent.

The Man In The Moon

Back to top Go down

Missing Text from patch Empty Re: Missing Text from patch

Post  marnold Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:55 am

You didn't copy the dialog.tlk file. There is one there already (the default one with NWN2). That's the one you are seeing. You need to copy the one that came with Kaedrin's pack. Then that stuff you are missing will appear.

marnold

Back to top Go down

Post  The Man In The Moon Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:51 pm

I figured it out eventually. I had been copying and keeping both, rather than copying and replacing, which before now I had been afraid to do. Thanks.

The Man In The Moon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down