Kaedrin's Custom Content
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Compatibilty issue with Tony K's AI 2.2

+3
Ithaqua
mchotdog
Lost in Translation
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Compatibilty issue with Tony K's AI 2.2 Empty Compatibilty issue with Tony K's AI 2.2

Post  Lost in Translation Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:32 pm

Hello Kaedrin and thanks for your PRC pack,

I ran into an oddity while playing the OC (1.23). I've been able to consistantly recreate it in the first fight inside the house after skipping the tutorial. When I have 1.42 and the AI mod together, the mage companion joins the fight properly, but the fighter will just stand there. If I pull 1.42, both fight. If I pull the AI mod and use 1.42, both fight. If I use your pack at version 1.414 and Tony's mod, both fight.

Thought you might want to know and thanks again,

LoT

Lost in Translation

Back to top Go down

Compatibilty issue with Tony K's AI 2.2 Empty Re: Compatibilty issue with Tony K's AI 2.2

Post  mchotdog Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:40 pm

did u set the fighters's setting to attack on melee or what its called. The AI will go into melee attack as long as 1 other person is also doing melee attack. Or have u tried using the attack command? I use both and they seem fine, just that tonyk's ai isn't casting any of the new spells.

mchotdog

Back to top Go down

Compatibilty issue with Tony K's AI 2.2 Empty Re: Compatibilty issue with Tony K's AI 2.2

Post  Lost in Translation Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:45 pm

Yes, it doesn't seem to matter what the command settings are in the "behaviors" tab, he's unresponsive to commands as well.

Lost in Translation

Back to top Go down

Post  mchotdog Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:34 pm

Hmm weird since it works on mine, guess gotta wait for K to sort it out.

mchotdog

Back to top Go down

Post  Lost in Translation Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:15 pm

I hope to have some time to experiment a bit more tonight, I got the idea of trying a previous version right before bed last night. I was tired and I'd like to try a few more variations to be sure it's not operator error. I posted here mostly as feedback for Kaedrin. I like some of the new 1.42 additions, but like I said, I can get 1.414 to work.

Lost in Translation

Back to top Go down

Post  Ithaqua Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:23 am

I have exactly the same problem; it certainly adds new meaning to "I'd better not have to take Bevil with me", after an hour or so of him freezing whenever a combat situation arose. If I controlled an NPC into battle, the PC would stop attacking; when I'd switch back, if the NPC wasn't actually attacking, they'd stop moving. This also happens in a save game created before I downloaded 1.42. Just removing compmonai2.2 from the override fixed this problem - but I'd forgotten how much work it is not to have it. I'm going to rename the compmonai folder to "zcompmonai" and see if that helps, since IIRC the last-loaded folder "wins" and they are loaded in alphabetical order; no doubt something in 1.42 will be messed up, but it may be something that doesn't affect my gameplay much, if at all.

Ithaqua

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaedrin Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:24 pm

Nothing I do messed or changes the AI.

Kaedrin
Admin

https://nwn2customcontent.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ithaqua Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:06 pm

I think you've added so much to the game the AI can't keep up! Smile (And yes, I know it's in no way your responsibility to make your stuff compatible with anybody else's.)

Ithaqua

Back to top Go down

Post  Raygereio Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:55 pm

Ithaqua wrote:I think you've added so much to the game the AI can't keep up!
Actually the AI won't keep up because it doesn't know there is new content to use unless you tell it.

Raygereio

Back to top Go down

Post  tanlaus Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:20 pm

Hi,

Just wanted to chime in and say I've had the exact same problem as Lost in Translation. I've been using both Tony K's and Kaedrin's PRC pack since they were first available so I'm fairly familiar with both.

The problem did not start until I installed the latest release of the PRC pack.

To try a little bit of problem solving I removed the PRC pack and started a new SOZ game. Just made two fighters and two barbs to test with. Got to the first fight on the beach, let the AI do it's thing, and the game ran normally.

Next I removed everything from my override folder except Tony K's AI and custom content 1.42c. The bug popped up on the first fight and repeated for the next two (at which point I stopped testing). I was in control of one of the fighters, which did whatever I wanted. The other just stood there during the fight even though melee attack for party was set to 'on' for the entire party. The barbs would rage but then just stand there. Even while non possessed characters were getting attacked they did not fight back.

One thing I just realized while I was tying this is, I did not test 1.42c without Tony K's AI installed.

So maybe it's not a conflict with the pack itself?

I'll give that a try when I get home.

Not sure what the problem could be but I'll be happy to test anything else anyone can think of if it will help.

The awesomeness of this PRC pack is pretty much what keeps me playing.

tanlaus

Back to top Go down

Post  Raygereio Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:42 am

Does the inaction remain after you take direct control of the affected character for a moment and give it a single order?

Raygereio

Back to top Go down

Post  Ithaqua Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:23 pm

In my case, the inaction comes back if I switch too quickly back to the PC; it's as though the orders I gave got cleared by the switch. OTOH, the PC then freezes if I retain control of the NPC, unless it's actually in combat. I've removed the AI 2.2 and have been playing without it for a week or so; the problem doesn't happen with just K 1.42c, but now I have to put up with Neeshka going into stealth mode at every opportunity and no weapon switching and all the other problems with the base AI, but it's at least playable with some extra effort.

I, too, did not have this problem with any Kaedrin pack until now.

Ithaqua

Back to top Go down

Post  tanlaus Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:45 pm

Raygereio wrote:Does the inaction remain after you take direct control of the affected character for a moment and give it a single order?

If I take control of a single character and give it an action it will perform the action, but cease once I relent control.

For example, if I have a melee toon standing around in a fight (casters still seem to cast but they don't fight either) and give him a command to attack something he will attack. But if, after that attack, I move command to another toon, that fighter will stop attacking and just stand around even mid fight if he is still being attacked.

tanlaus

Back to top Go down

Post  Raygereio Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:00 pm

Well, I just tested it to be sure and I can't verify this bug.
Are you sure puppet mode is off for the affected characters?

Raygereio

Back to top Go down

Post  tanlaus Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:22 am

Raygereio wrote:Well, I just tested it to be sure and I can't verify this bug.
Are you sure puppet mode is off for the affected characters?

Absolutely.

Again, if I set the AI with the prc pack installed then run it, it doesn't work.

If I remove the prc pack and run it with the exact same settings for the AI, it works perfectly.

Odd that some people get this bug and some don't.

Like I said I emptied my override of everything else just to be sure, and started a vanilla game of SOZ (so I could run a party from the first fight) to test with. Though I noticed the bug running the IWD remake so it's not somehow specific to SOZ.

Outside of that I'm running the lastest patch (which I assume everyone is) on a relatively new PC that can handle the game easily.

tanlaus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ithaqua Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:15 am

Same here, except I'm playing the OC.

Ithaqua

Back to top Go down

Post  mchotdog Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:46 pm

All i can say is when that happened to me, i just turn on the join party in melee and they all go fight, so dunno whats going on with you guys

mchotdog

Back to top Go down

Post  tanlaus Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:34 pm

mchotdog wrote:All i can say is when that happened to me, i just turn on the join party in melee and they all go fight, so dunno whats going on with you guys

I definitely have doubled check to make sure that option is set and still have the problem. It's not an AI settings issue for me and I doubt for the others as well.

Outside of that I'm trying to figure out what would be different in my game set up compared to others.

I have all of the expansions. I bought them as disks, not off steam.

I have the game set to hard core mode... or whatever it is called that emulates pnp. The setting a difficulty above normal.

But I can't see how any of this would effect anything.

tanlaus

Back to top Go down

Post  mchotdog Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:48 pm

My setup is the same as yours, from disks. I patched after every installation instead of installing all 4 then patching if that makes any difference. Also going along in hardcore mode. Not sure if this helps but I edited the campaign to allow multiclassing on companions. This is all on OC as of yet though.

mchotdog

Back to top Go down

Post  tanlaus Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:09 pm

mchotdog wrote:My setup is the same as yours, from disks. I patched after every installation instead of installing all 4 then patching if that makes any difference. Also going along in hardcore mode. Not sure if this helps but I edited the campaign to allow multiclassing on companions. This is all on OC as of yet though.

Hmmm... since I've been testing SoZ I have yet to see how it effects pre-made companions like to OCs.

Maybe there is some difference?

Then again someone was complaining about Bevil so maybe not. That's a start though, thanks. I'll see about the multiclassing edit just to see if it changes anything.

tanlaus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ithaqua Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:15 pm

In the OC, it has an effect whenever I put the AI folder back into the override folder. Bevil, Khelgar, single-class, multiclass, etc., all are affected. I've taken everything out of the override folder except the pictorial stuff, like Adonnay's Elven Weaponry. (Now I've put back Charlie's Appearance Changer and UI, but in earlier tests they were gone.) Either way, this didn't happen until 1.42.

Ithaqua

Back to top Go down

Post  tanlaus Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:22 pm

I reinstalled 1.41.4 just to double check. No AI bug.

I do recall installing Kaldor Silverwand's SOZ remake of the OC. The only reason I mention this is I think (it's been a long time) I changed some game files, or added some script files to a different folder when I installed it.

Maybe I changed something in the game that is causing this conflict when I have Tony K's and the PRC pack? I only mention this because I've already tested by emptying my override so I'm thinking it must have been something else I messed with.

Anyone else who is having problems do the same thing by chance?

tanlaus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ithaqua Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:33 pm

Why, yes, now that you mention it, I did install the SoZ remake also. I can't remember how to uninstall it, I have to admit...

Ithaqua

Back to top Go down

Post  Raygereio Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:01 pm

*headdesk*
If you messed with the game's mainfiles and can't restore backups; uninstall the game completely, reinstall it, now try the game with only Kaedrin's 1.42c and TonyK's AI and see if you still have this bug.

Do note that the OC Makeover is incompatible with Kaedri's pack.

Raygereio

Back to top Go down

Post  Ithaqua Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:22 pm

In my defense, when I first tried it out, I was fully ready for incompatibilities to spring up all over the place, and none did, not until now, a long, long, time after my initial install. Oh well.

Ithaqua

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next