Kaedrin's Custom Content
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silver Fang (special materials on creature weapons)

3 posters

Go down

Silver Fang (special materials on creature weapons) Empty Silver Fang (special materials on creature weapons)

Post  Loki_999 Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:37 am

Working on some stuff for the server where i am a builder/DM and trying to get creature weapons to work with special materials. It was K's Silver Fang feat that gave me the idea.

Everything seems to be working fine (as in the creature weapons change material type), but creature DR still seems to apply.

Can anyone confirm that Silver Fang actually does enable you to bypass DR/Alchemical Silver or is the feat borked as well?

Cheers.

Loki_999

Back to top Go down

Silver Fang (special materials on creature weapons) Empty Re: Silver Fang (special materials on creature weapons)

Post  Loki_999 Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:41 am

Just did some further testing just to make sure it wasn't my script. Gave myself a silver creature weapon and attacked a target with DR 50/Alchemical Silver. No damage done.

Looks like the game engine pays no attention to material type of creature weapons, meaning, unless i'm overlooking something, Silver Fang is a wasted feat.

Loki_999

Back to top Go down

Silver Fang (special materials on creature weapons) Empty Re: Silver Fang (special materials on creature weapons)

Post  Kaedrin Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:42 pm

It worked for me when I was testing the feat originally. Did you create the 'silver creature weapon' via script like I did or manually in the toolset?

Kaedrin
Admin

https://nwn2customcontent.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Loki_999 Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:33 am

Super bizarro then. I made several attempts.

First was a script, basically using same routine you used, except mine was done by spell rather than feat but practically identical code (how many ways can you skin a cat?). I even crosschecked against your code to see if i was doing something wrong.

I even put some calls in the script to confirm that the material type had changed.

So, i took another step and created a silver creature weapon in the toolset, placed it on the ground, went it with a character, and equipped it (after giving myself Weapon Prof Creature). Attacked with it, DR still applied.

Sooo... a number of possibilities arise.
1) You have made some changes that affect how DR works (don't believe so)
2) We have done something that means it doesn't work
3) Its crazy Obsidian strangeness
4) I didn't do something right.
5) Your test wasn't conclusive.

Since you have confirmed it works i guess ill take another look at this.

Loki_999

Back to top Go down

Post  Loki_999 Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:36 pm

I had given up on this as just couldn't get it to work, but recently returned to it. Still not working.

So, i decided to install your Override/TLK version of the pack to confirm for myself the feat worked (clean override, no conflicts). Created a new blank module, dropped in a creature with 10 DR/Silver. Made a druid with Silver Fang feat.

DR still applying.

Unless I am missing something really simple, i don't see how you got it to work.

Loki_999

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaedrin Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:15 pm

I'll check when I get a chance. Not sure if I tested script or item based.

Kaedrin
Admin

https://nwn2customcontent.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ArielMD2 Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:44 pm

An alternative may be to grant 1/silver DR to the creature. I know at least NWN1 respected the PnP rule that having similar DR bypassed appropriate DR (a monk with stoneskin cast on himself could penetrate -/+5). The changes to DR might not have included this though.

ArielMD2

Back to top Go down

Post  ArielMD2 Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:41 pm

And... After some experimenting, this isn't the case. Sorry for bringing up something irrelevant.

ArielMD2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down