Kaedrin's Custom Content
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom feat help

Go down

Custom feat help Empty Custom feat help

Post  ane Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:55 am

First of all ->Newb alert<-
Second of all, sorry for the invasion but I don't really have anywhere else to ask, and tutorials + google failed me for this one. If you have the time to help me out a bit I would be grateful.

I am trying to create a history feat for a module I am making. My intent is to make more too, if I figure out how.

-I edited the feat.2da to add what I think would be like the feat I wanted. (I wanted the feat to also give +2 to diplomacy, but I figured I would have to make a spell for this too and...no/ I was right?)

-I created an image for the feat

-Then I figured custom.TLK is the addition to dialogue.TLK, so I added the description and the name of the feat to the line I said I would in feat.2da + 16777216 (I figured that from nwn2.wikia. com/wiki/Reserved_TLK_Ranges)

-Then I compressed the new feat.2da and the image in one erf file. I left the custom.TLK out.

So far I tried putting the erf in the override, in the hak folder, and importing it in the module. I also added the custom.tlk file in my module, as "Custom TLK file" (well I was trying to install your pack before and I thought I could try it? lol)

The problem is, I don't even know if any of those worked. In the module I can't find the code of the feat so I can give the command to add it to the player. I tried to find the feat from a creatures properties feat tab, but with no luck. Are there more 2da files I should change? Am I doing something else wrong?

______

Irrelevant question, but when I add your pack in the module I can add the classes all right from the properties/properties tab, but it looks like there is no package and the class is invisible for properties/basic tab. Maybe it has some connection with the previous problem? Could I make a custom package myself and have the companion use that? (I mean a package using your prc class packs classes+feats)

-Note: In the instructions you say to write only custom, not custom TLK, but it gives an error message without the TLK in the end, so I went with .TLK

______

If somehow I manage to make that feat, if I copy the lines of my custom.TLK to your packs custom.TLK would both your pack and my custom feat work? If I have the current version with the module, and someone has an other version he would have a huge problem or something? Maybe I shouldn't not use it for NPCs if there is a danger like that?

Thats all. I hope it made sense and sorry for the many questions. Thanks.

ane

Back to top Go down

Custom feat help Empty Re: Custom feat help

Post  ane Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:20 pm

Ha! I found out how to make the feat work (I tried every possible combination of places to put the custom tlk)
I will now try to merge the custom TLK files and put them in the TLK folder.

ane

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum