Kaedrin's Custom Content
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Warrior

4 posters

Go down

Dragon Warrior Empty Dragon Warrior

Post  Ixtab Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:29 am

Hi, I haven't played NWN2 in a long time, and I am starting to get back into it. I found this mod, and it looks great. I have a question about the Dragon Warriors first ability "Dragon Disciple". It doesn't say in the description anywhere what this actually means. Do you get the Ability or AC bonuses, like a Dragon Disciple? Or is it just that you choose a dragon type?

Ixtab

Back to top Go down

Dragon Warrior Empty Re: Dragon Warrior

Post  Kaedrin Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:47 pm

It's just your choice of which dragon to follow.

Kaedrin
Admin

https://nwn2customcontent.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ixtab Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:34 pm

Hm, okay. I was hoping to have another choice other than having to take Sorcerer or Bard to get Dragon Disciple... Shouldn't Warlock be able to take it too, since in DnD, you just need to be able to cast arcane without preparation?

Ixtab

Back to top Go down

Post  PrvtBrad Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:40 pm

Ixtab wrote:Hm, okay. I was hoping to have another choice other than having to take Sorcerer or Bard to get Dragon Disciple... Shouldn't Warlock be able to take it too, since in DnD, you just need to be able to cast arcane without preparation?
There are two more classes added to it: Assassin and Avenger. Also, it functions basically the same as Red Dragon Disciple minus the red. You pick your color and based upon that color you gain a different breath weapon element and different element of resistance. Hope this helps.

PrvtBrad

Back to top Go down

Post  Ixtab Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:45 pm

PrvtBrad wrote:
Ixtab wrote:Hm, okay. I was hoping to have another choice other than having to take Sorcerer or Bard to get Dragon Disciple... Shouldn't Warlock be able to take it too, since in DnD, you just need to be able to cast arcane without preparation?
There are two more classes added to it: Assassin and Avenger. Also, it functions basically the same as Red Dragon Disciple minus the red. You pick your color and based upon that color you gain a different breath weapon element and different element of resistance. Hope this helps.

It kinda helps, thanks... I kind of wanted to take RDD for the AC and Ability increases though, but Didn't want to have to take a level of bard, so I was hoping this class would work for me... Looks like it wont though, since it doesnt have the bonuses.

Ixtab

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaedrin Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:30 pm

Ahhh, I can tell these are now the official forums. Someone is complaining about my implementation of a class.

For the record, the Dragon Warrior is actually a renamed Dragon Samurai from the Miniatures Handbook. It has nothing to do with spellcasters, dragon disciples, or anything else in your post. cheers

Kaedrin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ixtab Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:48 pm

My apologies, I was not complaining about your class... the work you have done looks pretty amazing. I just wanted clarification on it.... If anything, I am complaining about the vanilla RDD.

Ixtab

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaedrin Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:15 pm

No need to apologize, complaints are part of the "job." I will say you won't find many opportunities for such power grabs in my pack though (with a few notable exceptions).

Kaedrin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ixtab Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:19 pm

hm, i wouldnt think a warlock RDD would be a 'power grab' I just think that in actual DnD, a warlock would fulfill the requirements to get into RDD, so there should be a way for it to work in NWN as well.

Ixtab

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaedrin Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:21 pm

Warlocks do not qualify for dragon disciple in pnp.

Kaedrin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ixtab Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:27 pm

Kaedrin wrote:Warlocks do not qualify for dragon disciple in pnp.

Really, are you sure? It really seems to me like they should... They are arcane (suffer from arcane spell failure, and can take feats like spell penetration), and they definitely don't need to prepare spells. It says in the book that they qualify for things that have require a caster level, as long as it doesnt specifically say "can cast 9th level spells".

Ixtab

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaedrin Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:34 am

It also says specifically that they do not cast spells, but spell like abilities. They aren't actually spontaneous casters by the definition.

Kaedrin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ixtab Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:54 am

Hm, good call. I may have to reread the book... it has been a while, so me memory could be shaky.... Complete Arcane, I think it was...

Ixtab

Back to top Go down

Post  Muazen Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:03 am

I have to agree with my beloved namesake here (err, it's Kaedrin), Warlocks don't get Dragon Disciple (Assasins and Avengers do because of technicality, even though no dragon heritage is mentioned and they're not charisma casters). I think this might have been covered in the official D&D FAQ, but even if not Warlocks don't really cast spells and don't qualify, sorry. Smile

Furthermore, didn't dragon warrior block the use of dragon disciple and vice versa? Just thought it would be good little bit to bring up.

Muazen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down