Kaedrin's Custom Content
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to add a spell to the spells known list

2 posters

Go down

How to add a spell to the spells known list Empty How to add a spell to the spells known list

Post  raptor21c Mon May 21, 2012 10:56 pm

I've been working on adding abjurant champion (from the Complete Mage) to my nwn2 content and i have two issues i was hoping you might be able to help me with. To give a little background on what I am doing, I have created the arcane boost ability as a set of spells (one for each level) designed similiar to the shadow conjuration spells and want to add them to the spells known list upon attaining the arcane boost feat which i have created. I have also successfully tweaked the Abjuration spells to account for the Abjuration Armor feat as well as the extended Abjuration feat. For adding the spells to the spells known list for sorcerers and bards, I expect that this will suffice for the use purposes and, as for wizard, i plan to implement a spontaneous convertion table which I have discovered still requires that you already know the spell to cast from. How do I go about "teaching" these spells to my character upon obtaining the feat rather than learning them from the level up process? I have tried using the SetSpellKnown() function in a script and tried firing the script by making the arcane boost feat persistant and linking this script to that feat but i am not sure that this is the best way to fire this script or for that matter to teach the spells.

Also regarding the 5th level ability for Aburant Champion, Martial Arcanist, do you have any suggestions on the scripting of this feat? Maybe creating a persistant buff was my first thought but I would be interested to hear your suggestions.

raptor21c

Back to top Go down

How to add a spell to the spells known list Empty Re: How to add a spell to the spells known list

Post  Kaedrin Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:02 am

Short version: you can't.

Kaedrin
Admin

https://nwn2customcontent.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum