Kaedrin's Custom Content
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darkness spell VFX

2 posters

Go down

Darkness spell VFX Empty Darkness spell VFX

Post  mchotdog Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:29 am

Hi, I'm trying to create a custom item cast spell that's loosely based on hexblade's curse in a aoe. However I was to add the darkness spell VFX to the radius of it but it doesn't show up.
This is what i have so far in trying to create a globe of darkness on the targeted location.
Code:

object oPC      = GetItemActivator();
    object oItem    = GetItemActivated();
    object oTarget  = GetItemActivatedTarget();
    location lTarget = GetItemActivatedTargetLocation();

//darnkess vfx
   effect eDarkcloud = EffectVisualEffect(VFX_DUR_DARKNESS);

ApplyEffectAtLocation(DURATION_TYPE_TEMPORARY, eDarkcloud ,lTarget, RoundsToSeconds(20));
Any ideas on what i've done wrong?

Also, I can't seem to find the 1.42 beta anywhere. The nwnvault only has 1.41.4. I got the latest version but hexblade is unchoosable/greyed out for me when i go to create a character.

Also if you could shed light on how the MOB silver sword of gith script works that would be great... I can't seem to figure out how the sword has so many castable spells on it and i would like to try and make one of my own that's like it.

mchotdog

Back to top Go down

Darkness spell VFX Empty Re: Darkness spell VFX

Post  Kaedrin Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:11 am

I pulled the 1.42 beta after getting 200 downloads and only one user making comments. My only suggestion after looking at the code (it looks right) is to take a look at the actual darkness spell and see how it does the VFX. It's possible it does it a different way.

As for the Gith sword - no clue as I haven't really dug into it at all. I just add new base classes to the existing code.

Kaedrin
Admin

https://nwn2customcontent.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mchotdog Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:21 pm

Ok thanks for the help.

mchotdog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content