Kaedrin's Custom Content
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there any way to let caster cast Stilled spells while prone/grappled like in PnP?

2 posters

Go down

Is there any way to let caster cast Stilled spells while prone/grappled like in PnP? Empty Is there any way to let caster cast Stilled spells while prone/grappled like in PnP?

Post  limaxophobiac Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:38 am

Now I'm guessing if Kaedrin knew a way how to and thought it was a good idea he'd have done it years ago, but I do wonder if it's possible.

limaxophobiac

Back to top Go down

Is there any way to let caster cast Stilled spells while prone/grappled like in PnP? Empty Re: Is there any way to let caster cast Stilled spells while prone/grappled like in PnP?

Post  Wyldhunt Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:02 am

I know this is a very old post, but the idea caught my attention...
I think it would be possible. You'd need a spell hook that checked for any effects on the character that would cause a prone condition. If they have any of those effects and have Still Spell, remove the effect. Go ahead and trigger the cast, and then re-apply the prone effect after they finish.
The problem with it would be duration of the re-applied effect. I'd have to give some thought on how to track the remaining duration so that I'd know how long to set the new effect for.

Wyldhunt

Back to top Go down