Kaedrin's Custom Content
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stumped on a character build

2 posters

Go down

Stumped on a character build Empty Stumped on a character build

Post  navanax Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:02 am

I'm working on a character build but got stumped on one single requirement. The build I'm shooting for is a Wizard 5 / Daggermage 10 / Swiftblade 10 / Tempest 5

It all fits together except for the sneak attack requirement of the Daggermage. Is there any way to add sneak attack 1d6 to a character as a feat? ...because obvious I can't fit a rogue level in here and I'd like to stick a couple of daggers in something.

Sigh.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

navanax

Back to top Go down

Stumped on a character build Empty Re: Stumped on a character build

Post  mchotdog Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:38 pm

well one way to is to cheat and give urself sneak dice using the console but you either have to drop tempest or sb to get sneak dice if u don't wanna cheat. TBH i'd drop tempest and pick up dread commando/whirling dervish. You could even go with elite commando but i think that its the weakest of the 3.

mchotdog

Back to top Go down

Stumped on a character build Empty Re: Re: Stumped on a character build

Post  navanax Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:33 pm

Thanks mchotdog.

It's nice to know that there is a cheat code for every eventuality... but I probably won't go that route. ... this build just doesn't want to be built, I guess.

I like your suggestion about using the Dread Commando for sneak attack levels. I don't think a Wizard can meet the skills requirements in 5 levels, because they are cross class. I'm trying to limit the build to one base class so I can play a race I haven't tried before (gnome). I figured the little guy might make a decent daggerspell mage so I want to base the character around that. The Swiftblade levels were to add BAB to the character so he can hit something (and add a few spell levels), and oh yeah, it makes him real fast too. I added Tempest because the other Pr Classes *give* him the tougher requirements (Imp TWF and Spring Attack)

So taking all this into consideration... what do you think of this...

Wizard 6 / Dread Commando 5 / Daggerspell Mage 10 / Something Else 9

This build needs something else. A bunch of it. Should I boost the Spell Levels or boost the sneak attack? Arcane Trickster? Swiftblade again maybe for BAB? Eldrich Knight is *so* 2011. I'll go look at the Whirling Dervish specs...

navanax

Back to top Go down

Post  mchotdog Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:50 am

Ok so you want a gnome daggerspell mage.
Need some more details before i try and come but with a build that fits exactly what you are going for.
1. what level are you going to start at? 1(OC) or 20(motb)
2. is BAB important to your style of play or just going for the extra dagger damage while you cast spells. How many attacks a round are you looking for?
3. Does the base class you start with HAVE to be a wizard or can it be a sorc/bard?

Here's daggerspell mage i whipped up but its a drow
http://nwn2db.com/build/?97229
its probably not very good but the IB gives bonus ac based on int

its also a lot easier to just use another base class if u want the sneak attack, i would suggest rogue or ninja.

mchotdog

Back to top Go down

Stumped on a character build Empty Re: Re: Stumped on a character build

Post  navanax Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:22 am

Cool, thanks mchotdog, I appreciate the help.

1. I plan to play this character through the OC and then import him/her into MotB and carry on.
2. The original plan was to build a "magic enhanced fighter" with high BAB (22) and carry spells that add the dagger damage / buff / or have no save... but now I'm kind of leaning towards pumping up the sneak attack and trying to get the most damage from the dagger attacks... (I wonder if I could squeak in Combat Insight?) ... and it would be nice to have some Rogue skills (especially in MotB).
3. I'm not particular about the starting class(es). I would like to use as many of Kaedrin's classes as possible as I really enjoy the variety. For this char my main focus is building a great character around the Daggermage Pr Class.

I like your Drow Daggermage quite a bit. The Invisible Blade class is a great addition and gives you sneak attack and Combat Expertise goes towards Combat Insight. For myself, I would want to build up the Daggermage levels as soon as possible in the game play... I guess it's possible to add an Invisible Blade level after 9 (or maybe 12 with Able Learner), and then the Daggermage class is opened... hmmm...

navanax

Back to top Go down

Post  mchotdog Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:44 am

well here's a bard daggerspell mage+ swiftblade

http://nwn2db.com/build/?97235

That's the basic template for a bard daggerspell mage.

The 3 levels of assassin is just there to tell you when sneak attack prestige classes are available. you can fill 6&7 with bard but lvl 8 must be grant sneak dice.

feel free to switch sb but it's probably the best fit. Lvl 10 is optional tho since its just a aoe slow. The last 2(3 if u only got 9 sb) you can fill up with either bard or ur chosen sneak attack class.

I would suggest 8 bard total for +2 on inspire courage. If you decide to stick with sb, you can choose your own feats from lvl 16 on, if you don't want sb, any feat after lvl 10 is free game. Hope that helps.

Edit, just realized that daggers were piercing dmg not slashing so take out snowflake wardance for which every feat you want.

mchotdog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down