Kaedrin's Custom Content
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two warlock questions

Go down

Two warlock questions Empty Two warlock questions

Post  SteviL Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:05 pm

I am confused as to why Caster's Lament is a Dark invocation when it seems to be the same or lesser version of the Greater Invocation Devour Magic.
From the in game text for Devour Magic
This spell attempts to strip all magical effects from a single target, or remove the strongest magical effect from a group of targets. To dispel an effect, you make a caster level check (1d20 + your caster level, maximum of +20) against a DC of (11 + the caster level of the targeted spells caster). You make a caster level check against each effect on the target. If any spells are removed, you gain twice your warlock level in temporary hit points (which add to your maximum hit points). These temporary hit points fade after 1 minute
and for Caster's Lament
Greater Dispelling attempts to strip all magical effects from a single target. To remove an effect you must make a dispel check of 1d20 +1 per caster level (maximum +20) against a DC of 11 + the spell effect's caster level.

Now from reading this it seems to me that Devour magic is the better choice because it offers the option of dispelling the most powerful effect from a group of targets and it grants temporary hit points. Caster's Lament seems to be able to do half of the work that Devour Magic can. Am I missing something?

Also, I am at a loss for what Paragon Visionary or really the True Seeing effect actually grants. I have found different answers to what it provides. Are you able to see through
  1. stealth
  2. invisibility
  3. concealment
  4. traps
  5. sanctuary
  6. etherealness (ethereality? sp?)

Last edited by SteviL on Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : list headaches)

SteviL

Back to top Go down