Companions casting custom spells

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Companions casting custom spells

Post  Dozer on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:28 pm

I hope you dont me posting this here, its not exactly a KAedrin thing (well maybe it is, i justhavent used the pack other than some spells to know if he touched on it) but how can you make compaion (computer controlled charcters) use/cast custom spells?

It seems that if i ready some custom spells for any spell casting companion, they dont automatically use/cast them like with other official game spells. Actually, come to think of it, there are some soz spells that they wont cast as well, even if they have them readied.

ANy idea on how to make them cast those custom spells?

Dozer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Companions casting custom spells

Post  Kaedrin on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:25 pm

The only person that knew how to do that has long since left the community and he didn't share the method.

Kaedrin
Admin

View user profile http://nwn2customcontent.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  valky on Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:46 am

Am still using Companion & Monster AI 2.2 and it does work fine. Makes specially your caster NPC kinda independent and from my experience they chose their spells wisely depending on the encounter/enemy. (also weapon buffs, like holy weapon specially in death gods vault and alike...)
Some examples of spells I usually have slotted all the time and is favored by the casting 'ai': Leonal's/Lion's roar, cloak of bravery, K's orbs, Phantom Bear/Wolf.
Though in my current motb campaign I see less of those lower damaging spells Razz [edit: kinda makes sense...] only several protections and stuff is still being cast. Yet I wish the AI would sometimes freely cast Fairy Fire/Heartfire but I guess it's cause they are only lvl1/2 spells - even if they disable the concealment of nearly everything you encounter.

Further but it might be my imagination, they won't necessary throw in heavy damaging AoE spells, which can hurt your party too if it's being set to low party damage. Remember my first 'vanilla' OC campaign right after you met Qara, stepped out the door and the very first thing she did was to cast a fireball right amidst my party affraid
That's were I started to usually fully control the caster in any encounter and don't let them handle stuff...but it's really not necessary anymore.

And currently in motb I sometimes just select Kaji and enjoy the show cat

If it's that what you meant by casting custom spells....

valky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top