Kaedrin's Custom Content
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Megaraptor Wild Shape

Go down

Megaraptor Wild Shape Empty Megaraptor Wild Shape

Post  Archaos Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:58 am

I posted a similar topic a while ago, asking for a Deinochycus Wild Shape. But I think this one would be more balanced and useful.

What I am suggesting, is making a free feat, called Dinosaur Wild Shape given to Druids when they reach level 8. Why? Because levels 5 to 12 are empty of any wild shape ability.
At level 5 druids get the basic animals. Mediocre forms.
At level 12 they get both Dire forms and Plant Shapes. The Treant outclasses the Dire Bear in EVERYTHING. Strength, base damage, AC, HP and immunities.
At level 16 they get the Huge Elementals which rock.
At level 20 they get the Elder Elementals which are even better.
At level 25 with your upcoming update, they get Ember Guard.
At level 26-30 they get the awesome Dragon shape.

Basically, every 4-5 levels they get new and stronger forms, which make the druid really fun.
But. The levels 5-12 are empty. That's 7 levels of no new forms and the basic animals become useless very quickly.
Per PnP a Druid can change into a Megaraptor at level 8, which fills the gap between the basic animals and the dire/plant shapes, nicely.

This is not unbalancing at all. The Megaraptor exists as of Storm of Zehir so you don't have use any custom models. Everyone that uses your pack and plays online has all expansions anyway.
About its stats. They are better than the basic animals but worse than the Dire Bear/Treant. Here's a comparison:

Bear Wild Shape: STR 19, DEX 13, CON 15, Total AC 13, Damage d4 / d4 / d6 +4
Megaraptor Dinosaur: STR 21, DEX 15, CON 21, Total AC 16, Damage 2d6 /1d4/ 1d4 + 5
Dire Bear: STR 31, DEX 13, CON 19, Total AC 17, Damage 2d4 / 2d4 / 2d8 + 10
Treant: STR 29, DEX 8, CON 21, Total AC 22, Damage 2d6 + 9

Personally, I believe this is a much needed fun and very balanced boost that druids need at lower levels. It's not about making the druids stronger, it's about making them more fun to play and giving them more options and gradual improvements, exactly like you are doing with Ember Guard in epic. Smile

Archaos

Back to top Go down

Megaraptor Wild Shape Empty Re: Megaraptor Wild Shape

Post  Archaos Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:45 am

Bump!

Archaos

Back to top Go down